I’m one of those people who cannot wait for November and December, every year. Do you even blame me? They are the last two months of the year and are without a doubt the most fun! They are the month version of Saturday and Sunday, basically.
(This year I’ll include October in the excitement too; for obvious reasons!)
As much as I love the festive season, though, my brain absolutely cannot stop going into overdrive at the same time. *Cough* TYPICAL *Cough* That’s just me. All over the place, all the damn time. Anyhoo, here’s what ensues inside my brain – festive edition. 🙂
- Ooooh, Diwali!
More clothes, more sweets, more partying! #WIN
- I need to buy new lights for the house.
a) Because, look how pretty!
b) Who knows where I kept last year’s lights?
- Do I really need to clean my whole house?
I’m sure Goddess Lakshmi will understand if I don’t manage to organize that one drawer, na?
- Why don’t we have Taash parties like they do in Delhi?
Not that I know how to play or anything…
- Even the weather is so much better there.
Suddenly, I’m in a bad mood now. *Sulks*
- It’s been forever since I bought and lit fireworks.
Being socially and environmentally conscious can suck balls sometimes, IMHO.
- I hope I get invited to some Fancy AF Diwali party.
Though I really shouldn’t count on it.
- But just think of all the selfies that can happen, just think…
I could use that Bokeh effect for the lights to look all pretty and blurry.
- Don’t fairy lights just make everything look super magical?
Will people judge me if I keep these up all year round?
- I really want to make a beautiful and intricate rangoli this year?
“Bhaiya, yeh stencil kitne ka hai?”
- Lighting diyas is such a beautiful and fun activity…
I love watching my mom do it. 😛
- Speaking of mom, how does she remember this whole Lakshmi Pooja?
I’m going to have to just wing it and hum in the background.
- Have you noticed – people just seem so nice this time of the year.
Maybe Diwali bonuses have a little something to do with it!
- Someone remind me why I don’t eat Kaju Katli all year round?
*Looks at weighing scale* Don’t worry, got the answer.
- What am I going to do after Diwali?
*Feels sad for a nanosecond and then remembers Christmas and New Year. *
- Speaking of, can you believe 2016 is ending?
I-can’t-even. Like, where did it go? It was last year just, like, 5 minutes ago. What is this sorcery?!
- There are so many things I need to do before the year ends!
Philosophical, thinking mode: ON
- I would love to sit and take stock of my life…
But then there are so many parties to attend. #FirstWorldProblems
- Wait, am I too old to be *this* excited for these festivals?
*Dhatt pagli* [reprimands self in most desi way possible – then goes to buy juttis to complete Diwali outfit]
Here’s wishing you all a very Happy Diwali! Go have fun, my firecrackers! 🙂
Hope you enjoyed this Diwali special post. Share it with someone who might like it too! You know, spread that festive love – and all and all!
Photo Courtesy: The Cheesecake Project
Makeup + Hair: LocaMico
Gifs: tumblr, giphy