[Disclaimer before we begin: I’m not a fashionista, stylist, fashion designer, fashion blogger or anyone who knows legit things about fashion.]
So I attended two shows at The Lakme Fashion week at St Regis last night and here’s *exactly* what was going on in my head.
1) Why is it so crowded?
2) Aren’t these events supposed to be exclusive?
3) Well, I’m here so how exclusive could it be?
4) I vaguely recognize some faces.
5) Oh look! There are some designers who were on Big Boss.
6) Why do I know this? I shouldn’t know this.
7) I do not recognize anybody in the Front Row.
8) But then, I didn’t really expect Anna Wintour to be here, did I?
9) I wish I wasn’t late, maybe I would have gotten a chance to sit and watch.
10) Oh look! It’s about to begin.
11) [A voice booms announcing that we keep cell phones on silent, etc.]
Why is she talking with an accent. Fashion Week hai toh accent marne ka?
12) Wow. These clothes are actually pretty.
13) They are wearable too. I’m impressed with you, Lakme Fashion Week!
14) Looks like Leheriya is back in fashion.
15) Must ask mom to find her leheriya dupatta and give me so then I’ll be on trend and everything.
16) These Rajasthan backdrops are amazing.
17) I WANT THAT GOLD JACKET! *Sindhi instincts kicking in*
18) Why are these models so thin?
19) I really hope they eat and all.
20) Which reminds me, I’m starving!
17) Oh it’s done! That was quick.
18) Thank God there’s a break before the next show!
19) But wait, does the venue even have food?
20) I should be using this break to network/socialize.
22) Yesss, found food!
23) Damn it. It’s time for the next show. *Chews furiously fast*
24) I’ve still not clicked any pictures to prove that I was here.
25) People better know I was here. How else will they think I’m cool?
26) I dressed up for it too!
27) Speaking of, I love this white blazer but it’s too hot to wear it.
28) What was I thinking? I clearly wasn’t thinking!
29) Besides, suddenly realized it looks like a Doctor’s coat.
30) When will I learn Fashion?!!! *Cries internally*
31) Rush off to watch next show.
32) Get to sit this time! #winning
33) A random dumb girl is trying to bully me into letting her and her friend sit.
34) It’s not going to happen missy.
35) I stood in line to ensure I get a seat. #TrueStory
36) This show is a lot emptier.
37) Last show of the day, maybe everyone is tired.
38) The clothes have lights in them; how cool!
39) Wait, Amitabh did it first!
40) It’s over so fast? That was quick.
41) Time to go home.
42) Not before I eat a little more. That roll wasn’t enough.
43) I can never be a model.
44) Ah well 🙂
[The shows I attended were Day 1: ‘Walking Hand in Hand by Craft + Design + Society’ and ElektroCouture]
Gifs/memes courtesy: tumblr
Photos clicked by me on my phone. Sorry for the bad quality. Will work on it, promise!